Sunday, November 17, 2013

C4K Summary for November

C4K #1

This week I was assigned to Dillon M., for my C4K. Dillon said this was a writing assignment to talk about his first day of school. He said he was very nervous to introduce himself to the class. Then, the teacher told them to write and he got very scared when the teacher walked up to him. She was only trying to help, but it still made him nervous. The bell for morning tea rang, and they were going to finish their writing after tea.

My reply:

Hi Dillon! My name is Linda and I am a student at the University of South Alabama is a class called EDM310. I think you did a great job with your writing! I get very nervous when I have to introduce myself too. I just have to remind myself that the teachers are there to help us, not hurt us! I think it was cool that you talked about the morning tea. We do not have that where I am from, but it sounds interesting! Once again, you did an awesome job! Keep up the good work!

C4K #2
Mrs. Yollis class

This week I was assigned to Mrs. Yollis’s class blog. In the blog post I was assigned to, Our First EdCamp, I learned all about the first EdCamp Mrs. Yollis’s class held. Mrs. Yollis allowed her students to come up with ideas and vote for their favorite EdCamp. They voted to learn about looming, which included drawing, exploring the new World Book Online Encyclopedia, cursive lessons, and exploring shortcuts on a computer. At the end, they had a slam session, which allowed students to tell what they learned during the EdCamp. It was a great success, and they decided to hold an EdCamp every Friday!

My reply:

Dear Mrs. Yollis and Class,

My name is Linda Check and I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I have never heard of an EdCamp, but it seemed like so much fun! I love that the students were able to have a voice and choose what they wanted to learn during the EdCamp. I really liked that if the session was not meeting the student’s needs or was not what they thought it was, they were able to move to a different station. In addition, I thought the idea of a slam, to show what the students had learned, was very cool! I wondered if the students will vote each Friday on different EdCamps? Thank you so much for sharing! I look forward to hearing more about these EdCamps! If possible, please check out my EDM310 Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment